Latest topics
» James Dexereux - Sparks of Unlife
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 1:24 am by James Devereux

» Character Creation Walkthrough
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 11:32 pm by God

» Current Availability for New PC's
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 9:14 pm by God

» EAbN's Rulebook
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 11:22 pm by God

» Blood, Willpower and Hunting
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 8:16 pm by God

» Offices and Duties
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptySun Apr 01, 2018 4:46 pm by God

» General Headlines - October 1904
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:26 am by God

» Attendence Rules During Creation
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 12:23 pm by God

» National Issues & Events
Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 9:40 am by God

Norwich Gazette
October 1904.

Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 6:00 PM
Temperature: 65F

Bright and warm, with a refreshing breeze; clouding over later. Small chance of light showers in the evening.

Disciplines, Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules

Go down

Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules Empty Disciplines, Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules

Post by God Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Discipline Rules.

'Blood Buff' [using blood to raise physical stats]
- This does not stack with Celerity, Fortitude or Potence.

Animalism
- All PC's with this automatically gain the Merit 'Inoffensive to Animals' for free.
- Quell the Beast [L3] does work on Kindred and Kine as well as animals.
- Subsume the Spirit [L4] has a large list of what Disciplines can or cannot be used while in animal form. This will be discussed in detail between the player and myself.
- Attempting to use Subsume the Spirit [L4] on a Kindred in animal shape [such as Protean forms] does not work, period. Nor does it on animals which do not possess intelligence and/or eyes [such as insects].

Auspex
- Heightened Senses [L1] reduces the difficulty rating for all sensory-based rolls by 1. If wished, a PC can decide to only sharpen one sense, which will reduce the difficulty for rolls involving said sense by 2. Only one 'targeted sharpen' can be in effect at any one time.

Celerity
- It is only 'permanently on' for the first two dots. Any use higher than this will cost 1 Blood Point and requires activation. It will last for the duration of one scene, and will be judged a breach of the Masquerade if witnessed by mortals.

Dominate
- If attempting to Dominate a Kindred of equal Generation, it will be a contested roll.
- When using Command [L1], said command is a single verb. The target must be able to hear the Kindred, and understand said order. If successful, the target will attempt to follow it to the best of their knowledge and ability. Every use runs a risk that the target may not fully understand the Kindred's intentions behind the order and do something which the Kindred doesn't want them to.

Fortitude
- It is only 'permanently on' for the first two dots. Any use higher than this will cost 1 Blood Point and requires activation. It will last for the duration of one scene.

Obfuscate
- Nosferatu PC's which have Mask of a Thousand Faces [L3] are allowed to pick a 'default Mask' which they can activate automatically, to allow them to at least pass through mortal society without being greeted with torches and pitchforks. However, it is only a marginal success [so Appearance 1].
- Characters using Obfuscate will not show any different in mirrors than the naked eye.
- While Kindred using Obfuscate to be invisible won't show to the naked eye or in mirrors, they *will* show on photographs. Masks aren't penetrated by the camera, however.
- As beings which rely more on instinct and less on senses, animals enjoy a bonus in sensing an invisible Kindred.
- Obfuscate is a mental power, not a transformational one - this means how an Obfuscated character reacts with the world is situational. If a character with say Mask of a Thousand Faces [L3] are seducing a Kine, said Kine will think it's the Mask - even if the Kine's hands should by rights learn that the Kindred is the wrong size / build / gender, Obfuscate clouds their minds on these 'issues'. But - if the same character walks through say mud, they will leave the size-shape of their true feet, not the Mask's.

Protean
- Gangrel, and *only* Gangrel are able to chose a different flight / flight form than the standard wolf / bat. However, once chosen they will be forever the Gangrel's 'default forms'.
- Shape of the Beast [L4] has a large list of what Disciplines can or cannot be used while in animal form. This will be discussed in detail between the player and myself.

Potence
- It is only 'permanently on' for the first two dots. Any use higher than this will cost 1 Blood Point and requires activation. It will last for the duration of one scene.

Presence
- Effects of different Presence Disciplines do not stack - with the exception of Summon [L4]. Targets will sometimes enjoy a 'defence bonus / penalty' from their Natures and occasionally other aspects.

Last edited by God on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
God
God
Admin

https://eabn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules Empty Re: Disciplines, Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules

Post by God Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Learning out of clan Disciplines.

Please keep in mind that this is a serious exchange and commitment, not to be undertaken lightly. Nor is this looked on particularly favourably by other Camarilla Kindred.

To start the mystical process of assimilating a new out-of-clan Discipline, the learning vampire must drink a point of blood from someone who possesses the desired discipline in-clan [the teacher] before instruction can begin. This will create a Blood Bond of the appropriate level.

While a Blood Bond is required to learn the Discipline, it is not required to retain use of a Discipline. If your character has learned say Obfuscate 1 from a Nosferatu and later meets Final Death, your character will still be able to use that Discipline – just will not be able to improve it.

A notable exception to this is the three physical disciplines, Celerity, Fortitude and Potence. They can be learned without finding a teacher, and require no Blood Bond to develop. However, if developed in this fashion, they cannot be raised above the third dot. They will be subject to out-of-clan costs, however.

Finally, in order to teach a new discipline to someone, your character must have a level higher than the level she is trying to teach. For example, if the student wishes to learn Obfuscate 2, the teacher must possess Obfuscate 3 in order to instruct. Caitiff/Panders treat all disciplines as out-of-clan.

If the teacher fulfils the other criteria, only one level of Blood Bond is sufficient. However, the teacher and/or the pupil may not be aware of this.

Used with permission from Rhode Island by Night [adapted].

Last edited by God on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
God
God
Admin

Back to top Go down

Disciplines,  Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules Empty Re: Disciplines, Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules

Post by God Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Combination Disciplines.

After some consideration, I have decided to allow PC's to develop combination Disciplines. This is where a Kindred learns to work two or more Disciplines into one, creating interesting options. I stress that such things are rare amongst Kindred, particularly fairly weak-blooded neonates. If you want this, expect to have to seriously argue your case and to pay through the nose for it in XP. But I'll give you general rules on it now:

- The character must be fully familiar with all the component Disciplines. Having them on your sheet isn't enough – they must have been used creatively in threads repeatedly.
- The effect cannot exceed their their limitations of vitae spent per turn.
- You can be creative with such things; if you believe x and y could be combined but isn't in the canon material, you can try to sell it to me.
- I reserve the right to say no simply because you have too many already.
God
God
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by God Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:36 pm

Thaumaturgy & Necromancy Rules

Here at EAbN, Thaumaturgy and Necromancy will be run a little different, sheet-wise.

Firstly, neither are Disciplines anymore. Giovanni now have Auspex, and Tremere have Fortitude.

Each Ritual will be bought solo, similar to Garou gifts are. It is no longer necessary to pick which Path of either you follow. Ones listed as being part of the Thaumaturgy / Necromancy Discipline are also available as Rituals; their cost will be as a Ritual the same rank as the Discipline. [So a Level 2 Discipline will be converted to a Level 2 Ritual].

Yes, this does mean I am offering PC's to learn these. However, it will be down to my discretion and my discretion alone. There will be two methods of learning it:

A Tutor: There are NPC's who know such things - both the usual suspects and outsiders. The cost will be steep indeed [OOC and IC], but you will actually guarantee you'll get what you pay for.

Research: It is possible for a PC to develop Rituals themselves. If you wish your PC to do this, I will demand a fully-fledged plan of action, then I will run a series of rolls to see if you get it. While you can tell me which Ritual you're going for, it does not mean you get it! The rolls will often be of the Enigmas / Occult variety, though might do others if I feel it's correct.

Botch: Full XP wasted. Something bad will also happen.
Failure: Partial XP wasted. You hit a dead-end.
Success: You get a Ritual, but isn't exactly what you'd been hoping for. Might be one which has odd components or only works in a non-standard way.
Critical Success: You get what you were aiming for.

All Ritual learning will be done during Downtime.

It is also possible for a PC to enter play with Rituals. However, expect to have to sell it to me for each and every one you wish.
God
God
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down