Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:16 pm by God

» For Returning Players
Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm by God

Norwich Gazette
Monday, January 22nd 1900.

Sunrise: 8:10 AM
Sunset: 4:00 PM
Temperature: 25F

Cloudy and dim, significant windchill. Surface snow 2 inches within city, significant chance of light snowfall. Residents are warned of ice and cold.

Blood, Willpower and Hunting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blood, Willpower and Hunting

Post  God on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:23 pm

Your Bloodpool and Willpower will be tracked by yours truly through the chapters. I will only tell you in general terms their current level of both - after all, we don't have access to a sheet telling us exactly how we feel or how hungry!

Blood Pool & Hunting
Each night your character begins at whatever your total Blood Pool was from the previous morning minus one for waking up. When I announce a new night has begun in both the Norwich Gazette and in your Q&C's, the every first thing you must do is to tell me...

- Whether they decide to hunt.
- Where?
- Who?
- How?

Using Hunting Methods templates in your Sparks is perfectly fine; after a while I can see most of these orders turning into variants into 'Plan A in St Crispens', 'Plan C in Thorpe' etc.

Once decided, I will play out a scene in your Q&C's, using a series of rolls from your Character Card. I assure you, it is rolled. Only if something seriously goes wrong will I pause the scene and ask for your input.

Let me make this clear, your character loves the stuff. Once feeding, they'll need to succeed in a Self-Control roll to keep their wits about them and to not go too far. If they fail, I will then automatically spend two Willpower points to get them to disengage.

Herd.
Your character will only 'harvest' from their herd if you actively say it. Even then, it will take a roll to see if you can locate them [though with a much lower difficulty than Hunting]. Naturally, I will be noting down how often you enjoy your Herd.

Prey 'depletion'.
If you repeatedly Hunt in the same method and locale, over time people will grow wise. Numbers will fall, risks will rise. I will tell you when this is starting to happen - I am keeping track on who hunts where. Oh, and the totals are for all PC's - not just you!

Willpower.
Like for us, the Kindred's mental energies and strength of will refreshes during sleep. Sometimes, each character will gain a Willpower point on rising in the evening. This number will increase if you have taken action[s] that appeal to your nature, demeanour or achieve success, or fall if spent [such as during Hunting], are thwarted or do actions that run counter to your nature or demeanour [a gung-ho Kindred might withdraw from action because it's the wise thing to do - but don't expect them to feel good about it!] This will be left to my determination, though will listen to your reasoning. As ever, my decision is final, though.

Admin

http://eabn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top