Running Format EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 12:23 pm by God

» National Issues & Events
Running Format EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 9:40 am by God

Norwich Gazette
October 1904.

Sunrise: 7:20 AM
Sunset: 6:00 PM
Temperature: 65F

Bright and warm, with a refreshing breeze; clouding over later. Small chance of light showers in the evening.

Running Format

Go down

Running Format Empty Running Format

Post by God Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Perhaps a little clarification is in order.

A Story is one plotline, normally spread over several threads. They usually follow on closely on from each other, often concluding [or at least fading out] by the time of an Episode.

An Episode will comprise of several Stories, grouped together around two-four IC nights.

A Series is at least two Episodes with short periods of Downtime in between them. A Series will not last more than one year IC.

Downtime is when your PC's are not currently on any active plots. However, they will continue to do things off-screen. At the end of each Episode, I will ask what the PC's are up to during this.

I will publicly announce when an Episode or Series is about to close, and when a new one is about to start. Unless I state otherwise, each Episode will last for three IC months.
God
God
Admin

https://eabn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Running Format Empty Re: Running Format

Post by God Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:55 am

How Episodes Work.

- At the start of each Episode I will produce a 'Mission Board', which will detail the stories which are available. Some of these will be from NPC's, others will be calls from other players to join them in something. In addition, there will be the option of solo stories which you come up with yourself.

- There will also be private stories on offer; it may be something regarding the Clan, or something personal to your character. For obvious reasons these won't be on the 'Mission Board' - they'll be in your Q&C's.

- Please, take the stories that you/your character would find interesting. Just because they are listed, it doesn't mean you have to take them!

- Within limits, I will accept your request to run two stories in tandem. [Such as one for an NPC and one solo]. However, only take this option if you feel *able* to finish them both within the allotted time.

- For obvious reasons, there will be some combinations which simply will not work - but I will try my best to accommodate. Nor will I allow you to run two threads which run the risk of Final Death at the same time.

- If you finish a story early by a fair margin, I will allow you to take another mission from the board - within limits again, naturally.

- If for any reason you have the RL time for another mission but due to IC time limits you can't, I will provide a 'Special' solo mission for you. In IC terms, it will happen in the middle of the upcoming Downtime and outside of the sandbox - to avoid plot snarls.

I have done this method in the hope that it can allow players with different posting rates to play together in the same chronicle. This is currently in beta: at the end of each Episode I will review and tinker until it runs right.
God
God
Admin

https://eabn.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down