Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:13 pm by God

» The Oath of Allegiance
Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:18 pm by God

Norwich Gazette
Monday, January 22nd 1900.

Sunrise: 8:10 AM
Sunset: 4:00 PM
Temperature: 25F

Cloudy and dim, significant windchill. Surface snow 2 inches within city, significant chance of light snowfall. Residents are warned of ice and cold.

Values Dissonance, EAbN and You

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Values Dissonance, EAbN and You

Post  God on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:05 pm

Homophobia. Racism. Sexism. Anti-Semitism. Discredited pseudo-scientific theories. Disgusting political ideologies and those otherwise sane people who clambered to defend them. Violence. Prejudice. Abhorrent sexual practices tacitly accepted. The overt rank hypocrisy.  

I will not gloss over these – I refuse to gloss over them. They happened; to ignore them is an insult to the memories of those who devoted [and sometimes gave] their lives struggling against them. However, I will not rub it in your faces either; EAbN is for fun, not an historical re-enactment.

Please, bear in mind that your characters are also creatures of their environment and their history. It is utterly jarring to see a character walking around in say 1916 with the values of a Westerner in 2016. So if you see another PC who utters things you find personally offensive IC, please consider whether they are simply doing it because that is what their character is like at that period of time. However, while I will not stop anyone playing say a sexist or racist character, I will clamp down if it is too frequent, heavy and/or disgustingly offensive.

Lastly, I will make this clear; the viewpoints said by any NPC are not my own. Yes, you will find NPC's who tick at least one of the points listed at the top. Officially, my views are non-controversial to the point of being beige.

See Also: Taste and Decency Rules

Admin

http://eabn.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top